Jayson Forrest is the managing editor of Money & Life Magazine.
The FPA celebrates its 19th consecutive Financial Planning Week from 19-25 August 2019.
This year’s Financial Planning Week is encouraging Australians to explore their gift spending habits and expenses, and aims to raise awareness about the amount we spend on gifts.
Running from 19–25 August, the campaign explores the types of gifts we give, how much we spend on gifts, the internal drivers and personality profiles at different life stages. The campaign also invites consumers to consider a gift that lasts through the generations: the gift of a financial plan.
This year’s integrated campaign includes new national research, media outreach, social media content, Money & Life consumer content, an eBook and a gift voucher for a financial plan to be redeemed with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional via MatchMyPlanner.
National research is presented in a visualised digital report with a mix of fun facts and serious data about gift-giving, infographics on research findings, and gift-giving trends among different life stages.
Hosted on the Money & Life website and promoted via social media, the eBook will include practical and fun information on how much people spend, and what we like to give and receive for special occasions, like weddings, Christmas and children’s birthdays.
The campaign will be promoted across national media, with key research findings shared across radio, TV, print and online.
Money & Life
The FPA’s Money & Life website has published consumer-related articles on the research and themes of this year’s campaign. Take the gift-giver personality quiz and share the results and the quiz link with your network.
Social media will be used for sharing the research insights, eBook and Money & Life content by using the hashtags – #GiftsthatGive and #FPWeek2019.
Consumers can give their adult children or friends the gift of a financial plan, by pledging to contribute to pay for the services of a financial planner to an agreed value. Download gift voucher template. A co-branded option in the FPA Member toolkit for members to supply to their own clients.
A consumer competition via FPA social media, will invite Australians to nominate themselves, or someone they love, to receive the gift of time with a financial planner as a gift from the FPA. The competition goes live on 21 August.
Download the FPA member toolkit. It will include the research report and infographics, social media images, links to share the eBook, the Financial Planning Week logo, competition promotion video, gift voucher (including a co-branded option for you to add your own logo and offer as a gift option for referring clients), and copy that can be used on your own websites and newsletters.
Make the most out of Financial Planning Week by engaging in conversations with your clients about gift-giving and their spending habits. Here’s how:
1. Send out a client communication: Financial Planning Week is a perfect reason to reach out and engage with your clients. Make use of the suggested newsletter copy that will be available in the member toolkit.
2. Spread the word on social media: Share the eBook, infographics, competition and articles.
3. Sell or give away a gift voucher: Wedding season peaks in September, and Christmas is fast approaching. Give your clients a gift voucher for their adult children or friends to see you as a gift from your practice, or offer co-branded gift vouchers for sale.
4. Share the research report: Why not share the insights, trends and findings of the research report with clients? It could be a great conversation starter.
5. Make use of the logo: Add the Financial Planning Week logo on your website, in your email signature and in your newsletters.